Accidental Spring

Accidental Spring
"Accidental Spring" This began as the background for painting other papers, but became something else!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quick plug for new blogs

People have been kind to me, and all my followers have come because I visited links to their blogs from other blogs.  I have had the pleasure of rooting around on people's blog lists and have added more than forty to my list here. If you enjoy looking at new things, some of these blogs may make you smile or cry or both. And to my newer followers of the last two months, anonymous or otherwise, my old stand by blogs give me every bit as much joy as ever.

That's all I am writing for today. I won't single anyone out -- each blog offers me something unique. Have a wonderful weekend. Gotta go figure out how to paint my fish. I'm stuck, but I'll get there.

18 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Your poetry is a pleasure to read. I know what you mean about not being able to keep up, which is why I had to stop, update my list and remind people to read. (She's Poetikat on my list, folks.)

Today in particular, I've been jumping around and reading--maybe to avoid the fiasco that are the fish on my painting! I just collaged over them... and like it. And I am enjoying catching up on the blogs I've missed and on the new blogs I'm following!

Jo said...

Hi, Jeanette...! It's always good to see your smiling face on my blog.

I don't have a lot of time to visit many blogs lately. I post something on my blog, but then I go off doing something else. So I hope people will be patient with me.

I do love to discover new blogs, though.

Take care!

Cheers,

Jo

The Words Crafter said...

That's how I got most of my followers, through other people's blogs. Also, just by clicking Next Blog at the top of the screen. I found some interesting people that way.

Another way is to participate in blogfests....you meet lots of people that way.

The only problem is, the more you have, and the more you follow, the more time it takes to visit everyone!

Unspoken said...

How sweet of you to add me! On a blogging break, but I will add you when I return to mine! Thank you! I am honored and always shocked to see my blog on someone elses.

Dave King said...

Yes, there are so many good - and even great - blogs out there, but we don't come ONLY because you've visited us. Don't undersell yourself!

JeannetteLS said...

To new blogging friends, forgive me if I refer to you by your blog name. I'll get real names down, but it takes me a while! Jo, you know how I love reading your blog and you visit when you feel like it. I don't take it personally one bit if I don't get comments from people who follow me. I'm just kind of bowled over when anyone does!

Words Crafter--I had some unfortunate experiences with Next Blog! :) I rarely, if EVER strike out when I read blogs followed by people whose writing/art/minds draw me. I think that's why I go in spurts--I weed some out (few), and add a bunch. When I root around to read a "new" blog three times, I add that blog formally to my blog list. That let's me know that, while it may be sporadic, I'll go back.

She Writes. Honored and shocked??? With your writing? You don't need to add my blog to your list and I'm not insulted in the least when someone visits sometimes, but doesn't add me. There are SO many interesting blogs. I am happy you visit. Your blog is wonderful.

Dave. Well. Thank you. Clearly you know how I feel about your poetry and the rather nutso streak in there in that brain of yours, right along with the profound and beautiful. Sometimes I write something and go, "Yup. I like this." Other times, it's just I felt like connecting and I have no idea whether or not it's one large, rambling mass of drivel--which is fine, as long as people kind have enjoyed the rambling ride.

I don't write in here to acquire followers. Perhaps one day, when I have finished putting the Mom and Me memoir together, I will do something more pointed to draw people in. For now, thought? I write just to write and when I meet such fine people I realize that there is something very NON-virtual in many of the connections.

Thank you all.

Carl said...

Hi Jeannette - One of the great things about blogging... beside the [place to express whatever it is you have to say or share is finding Blogs that stop you in your tracks. I don't get out and wander blogs as much as I used to. I need to take a little time to explore and find some gems. The best place to start is in your followers and those who follow the blogs you follow.

Carl

JeannetteLS said...

Your comment came onto my comments twice, Carl, so I deleted the second one... I, too, found that I had not gone blog wandering (I LIKE that) in a long time. I've enjoyed it this last week--especially when I was having trouble painting my fishes for the painting!

It feeds my work to read and drink in other blogs--yours and Dave's spring to mind. I've found some wonderful ones of late. However, I constantly go back to the first blogs I began to follow--the continuity and marveling at the progressions in each other's work and lives. It's such a joy.

Enough babbling. I Need COFFEEEEEEE.

Jeanie said...

I like reading blogs that those that I follow are following also. It is like meeting a friend of a friend.

JeannetteLS said...

Jeanie. Exactly so. That's how I feel, too. And I have found that reading other people's work is improving my own and inspiring me to branch out. I DO believe that my efforts to return to painting have been fed by watching others grow in their own visual arts, watching bloggers branch out and grow. The longer we are here, the longer our viewpoint is on different blogs, the more real it all is for me. Thank you for coming back.

Shrinky said...

I love the colours used in this project, it's full of energy and movement. Hope the fish is behaving itself? Look forward to viewing the finished result.

Ah, bloggie-friends, isn't it fun to connect to someone new in here? I also find they are very forgiving (they need to be with me), I can take forever to return a visit, sometimes real life tears us away - but that's fine too, I think we all realise that happens from time to time.

Hope your weekend is going well.

JeannetteLS said...

Shrinky, NO. the fishies did NOT behave themselves and I've collaged all but a few out. The reef is bigger, with more shades of red and green. I MAY have the patience to scan and tile it in. May need to do that. There are a few fishies. I am going to paint a few large, bold fish of a different kind on DIFFERENT PAPER! Then I will see where they want to swim. It may actually be the last touch that completes giving depth. We'll see. Oops. That has nothing to do with this entry. NEver mind.

Leovi said...

Personally I would like to include more pictures in your post. The previous post I loved it and I imagine you have many saved. You say that these somewhat stuck with paint, I advise you inhibitions and take it freely and without prejudice. I confess that the first thing that attracted me to your blog was that excellent paint a seductive palette.

JeannetteLS said...

thank you Leovi. I am part writer, part painter, so some of my entries will draw (some) visual artists and some will not. In my next Jersey Shore installment, I found some photographs I took, and will intersperse them--not artwork, but they illustrate my points. I will let you know when I post another painting! The three on my site are the first three I have ever shared publicly--as I told you, I have completed only ten in the last couple of years, and most are on other people's walls!

Kass said...

I love how this network keeps extending (but it can be time consuming to keep up with everybody).

Ruth said...

There is no end to the new and powerful ways people are being creative, each one a unique expression. I am constantly inspired.

Janice Thomson said...

Hi Jeannette - look forward to seeing your fish and more of your art. Will browse around a bit :)

Bruce Coltin said...

Are you writing, or are you painting?