Accidental Spring

Accidental Spring
"Accidental Spring" This began as the background for painting other papers, but became something else!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

It does not stop

I ran outa laughing... Well. Not entirely, but for now. The septic tank filled in three weeks. I saw and heard my ownself. Water streaming into the thousand gallon tank through the seams. So I have to have a grinder pump and hook up to the sewer which is uphill from my house and will require, oh, about 110 feet of hosing. NOW.

So.  If someone. I mean, WHEN someone buys this house, they will have a brand new roof AND one half the house hooked up to the sewer for them, though they will have the lien with the purchase. Still. We'll have done the hook up.

I want to hide. Good thing I got all that back disability pay so that I could pay for a roof AND a sewer hook up. Just how, precisely I'm going to LIVE if we do not sell the house in the next five months, now that is another problem.

So I guess the water gods are still displeased. I have rattled ice cubes in their honor. I sprayed myself with the kitchen sink sprayer and sang, "I love the rainy nights..." I ran around in the pouring rain and danced, playing my tambourine, and singing, "I'm SINGIN' in the rain."

I painted my "Heaven's Garden" painting in WATER COLOR.

So now I am washing dishes in my dishpan and emptying that into JAY's sink. (Different, fully functional tank for that side of the house.) I will do my laundry in his machine when he is at work, and then use my own dryer.

I will rock back and forth making random baby babble sounds.

And I'll simply hope I have the money to cover this and someone will want our wonderful 2800 square foot home with a beautiful bedroom plus office 580 sq. ft.  in-law apartment. And tiled/hardwood new ground level family room with sun nook behind it, plus laundry and full bath. With my gardens that I dug all by myself over the last twenty years. Someone. So. All of you please do your dance to the water gods dances, or, yes, go ahead and pray to Yaweh. Or cross your fingers...  maybe your toes as well, though that can be uncomfortable. Or just laugh along with me and hope I keep finding ways to laugh.

And I'll plug along. I don't think I will have to announce in the blog if the house sells. I think you will hear the whoops clear across the world.  Maybe I should go the gym pool this weekend...  Or the desert? Maybe I should work on my desert painting?

Oy.

4 comments:

Bruce Coltin said...

I do not usually dance, but I will make an exception. I hope it helps. No! It WILL help. I can feel it.

JeannetteLS said...

Thanks, Bruce. What I would not give to see you dance! I'm sure it will help. And in the meantime, I'll keep laughing when I don't believe there is laughter left. I gotta find more rain songs. Rai-ai-ai-ain.... I don't mind. Was that George? That's it. I need a list of water songs. I'll play Handel's WaterMusik. OR is that calling ON the water gods?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May the right buyer find your beautiful house soon!

Jeanie said...

I will be listening for those whoops .