Accidental Spring

Accidental Spring
"Accidental Spring" This began as the background for painting other papers, but became something else!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Just popping in for a... quickie? (That doesn't sound right)

I had what was, for me, a perfect Thanksgiving. (Those of you who do not know how I feel about that day, there's an early entry that has the words "Norman Rockwell Redux?"in the title.)  I fixed a regular Thanksgiving dinner while I had the day entirely to myself until 4:00, when a friend who had nowhere to go managed to TELL me this on Wednesday night and I told her to get her butt here. She brought the Monty Python Holy Grail movie with her. All we did was laugh together until about 9:00 pm.

Was I thankful and mindful of blessings throughout the day? Far more than I have been in a long, long time. Now I am rested. Everything waiting for me in the freezer for me to make homemade soup after I get home on Sunday.

I am off to be with the friend who is more a sister and my "niece and nephew" for their annual Saturday after Thanksgiving tree trimming party. Since I am a Christmas nut, it kicks off the season. Gail absorbed my parents' tree-trimming party as her tradition, only having it early specifically TO kick off the season. Mostly her friends and the kids' friends pick on Gail for the day. And Gail throws things at us. And she moves all the ornaments we place; and we pick on her more. We eventually get pizza, and then Gail, one other friend, and I are there, usually alone, after supper to adorn the final touch of 250 glass icicles. It is spectacular. We have a silly kids' movie on and everything is dark except the tree.

Yup. It's wonderful.

I will have another writing when I come home. I hope all of you are having a good American Thanksgiving weekend.

I have a lot of catching up on all your blogs, too, to do when I come home. The painting is truly coming along now, once I got through the "mean people" voices.

I count my blogging friends as blessings, too. All of you.

9 comments:

EcoGrrl said...

the year is coming to a close...isn't it amazing to see where we've traveled here from? happy thanksgiving to you :)

Laeli said...

I love hearing about your recent celebrations! My favourite way to spend time:)with friends!
Happy day to YOU.

Elephant's Child said...

Really happy to hear that you are in a good place, and that the painting is coming along.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like the PERFECT Thanksgiving!

Little Ms Blogger said...

I know people think spending the day with your entire family and giving thanks is the way to spend a holiday, but I often disagree.

I have a sister that causes me stress, and actually, most people feel more on edge on when she's around. She can be bossy, and if she's had too much to drink, well, get out of her way.

My family has a tendency to move holidays. One year we celebrated Thanksgiving the Saturday before and when the day came, I got to relax and enjoy all the leftovers and watched old movies.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is such a classic! I laugh every time I watch it.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh yes, "Holy Grail" is a fabulously fun movie and perfect for a good belly laugh. It sounds like your THanksgiving weekend really was perfect.

I went back to Ohio to see my family and eat way too much food. It was glorious :-)

Cheers, jj

Carl said...

Sounds wonderful. We packed up wed and headed to Wendy's Mom;s on wed. We spent Thursday with Wendy's Cousins family down by Canandaigua Lake. The rest of the weekend was spent decorating, hiking and visiting with friends. It was a tired but satisfied ride home on Sunday afternoon.

Ed Pilolla said...

i love the holy grail. i just quoted it recently. "blue-- no orange!"

Kass said...

I have a lot of catching up to do on blogs too. I enjoyed hearing about your Thanksgiving. Mine was good, too, but it's not what I blogged about. Cheers.