Friday is not usually a day that I post. I have enjoyed either seeing or writing on other people's sites when they are meeting challenges for poetry or "55 word Stories," or simply asking people their opinions. Since people are so kind to me without exception, one thing I hope to start doing on weekends will be to refer folks to other blogs for whatever reason strikes me. It seems sort of like a courtesy I can extend to bloggers I follow as well as those who follow me. And if sometimes I do it on a different day, well, that's me I'm afraid.
Some are artists/artisans. Some are poets or writers of other sorts. Some are photographers and/or painters. I read their blogs for all sorts of reasons, so it is an ecclectic bunch. But, then, a committee of wackos inhabits my brain, so why wouldn't my collection reflect that?
Because today(Friday) is busy for me, I'm simply going to cite two.
1. I have just had fun doing this exercise over on One Minnesota Writers' Blog. She Calls it "First Five Fragments for Friday." I don't know why in particular this struck me--perhaps because it was light, and so much of what we see on tv and read in the papers is anything BUT.
2. And as fort Pearl, Why You Little ...? I don't know what to say except that she just often makes me guffaw. Clearly she does this for her million plus followers, but I don't care. I had to list her.
That's all for today, most likely. I had a re-run of unremitting pain for about twenty-four hours. Laughter got me through, and launched me for today. I know I follow many other bloggers I find funny, but for now? For now, I'll just stick with these two, one because her entry today gave me something simple to do for myself, the other because most days, I am assured a laugh or six.
And I'm not looking for comments-- I simply hope to find ways to group every one of the bloggers I follow and/or who follow me, to promote the tremendous talent and kindness I run into every day I am at my computer. It will take me a while, but giving back should be part of blogging ... at least for me. It is not likely that I will promote more than three in any one day. I simply feel that each of the blogs I follow has something that hits me--sometimes witty, sometimes funny, or profound, or touching, or beautiful. Or it just satisfied some quirk of mine. These two did it for me today.
Have a wonderful weekend. My niece, a freshman in college, is coming to get away from it all for tomorrow and Sunday. My focus will be, naturally, on her.
Two Others on Saturday--Then I'm Done (Gotta Get My Niece)
I talk about my having the chance to view other lives, and to meet kind people.
1.) Sometimes she is quirky and entirely nuts--qualities you know I enjoy. Sometimes her pictures simply give me peace, as can the life she writes about. Kerry's Farmlass is the blog. Her life is very different from mine, yet there are points of overlap. I simply like her. She makes her living through photography, painting, and felt work. I have to promote people who take the plunge to pursue their art to make a living. I just have to!
2.) Finally, Sian. Life on a Small Island is simply about that. She lives on one of the Orkney Islands and her photographs and stories of her life hit a place way inside. She soothes my soul. Period.
Now I really WILL stop with the blog promotion for the week. I'm picking up my niece at noon and we are having art time together. She has a special big white shirt that was my dad's that she loses herself in. Already she has found that she can forget all about it with painting and being dopey with her aunt for a day. You can well imagine how easily I can lose myself with her, too. I can never lose when she is here overnight.
Have a wonderful weekend.
18 comments:
There is a tremendous fund of brilliant blogs out there and I shall look forward to seeing who you choose. My problem - as always - is when people guide one to more super blogs the amount of time consumed grows like Topsy.
I'm sorry about the chronic pain - so debilitating. May you continue to manage to laugh your way through it.
Best wishes,
John
Thank you for telling people about my post today! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and chimed in. I loved reading your five fragments. Happy Friday.
Hugs and a great rest!!!
J
I know Pearl...
I shall drop in an visit both. Have a restful weekend.
Thanks! I feel a little lost in blogger world. Not having a lot of time on my hands to go through so many blogs and deciding if I want to follow. Take it easy this weekend and enjoy it.
Nice to run into you. Enjoyed reading your posts. Have a wonderful weekend. D
I know Pearl, and am one of her million fans. One Minnesota Writer was new to me. Thank you. I think. Have you noticed just how many talented bloggers there are?
always a great thing to find new blogs to frequent. have a lovely weekend!
i will have to check out the first because i have never seen it before but that Pearl...all I can say is whattalife!
I hope that you will enjoy the other two blogs I have mentioned. I certainly will NEVER be able to visit or follow every blog I see, and we hit follow for many reasons.
Sometimes it's the writing itself. Sometimes it is the voice of the writer--his or her life, the love of family I feel through the blog, nature.
Sometimes it's just from the gut, period and I cannot explain what it is in particular.
As Elephant's Child points out, there is a WORLD--literally--of talented bloggers. And blogs for every taste, or to suit every mood.
Over and out until probably late tomorrow.Take care, one and all!
Thanks for the introduction to Pearl, Jeannette. she made me laugh out loud with the first post.
So glad you like Sian's blog. Hers is one of the first I started to follow and I'm hoping to visit her on her island this spring when we go north.
smiles...very cool...always like to hear what is good and i know pearl is...she rocks...but will check out the rest as well...i hope you have an amazing saturday and not too much pain...
Great fun finding and sharing different blogs. Thanks!
Pearl's blog is one of the most consistently funny blogs on the web and I need to buy her book. Your niece sounds like a neat young woman, I trust you had a great weekend.
Jeannette - so kind of you to share these writers with us. I'm going to pay them all a visit.
I hope you're feeling well today. Amazing the power of laughter!
I'm impressed with your generosity and kindness. That you take the time to address my deepest concerns in emails is so appreciated...and that you promote other blogs is beyond kind. Thanks for the referral to these interesting blogs.
JeanetteLS,
Thank you for stopping by my Patterns of Ink a few weeks back. I am going through a time in life right now where my personal writing and interacting with some dear blogging friends (that I just now noticed we have in common) has fallen months and months behind. I am very sad about that. It seemed to me like Facebook through the blogging "cyberhood" (as Mark D. once called it) on its ear. (I don't do Facebook but found many friends in "comment-world" which suits me fine.)
I look forward to writing again and reading blogs again in the future. Thank you for stopping by.
Dil me uske liye izzat
aur bhi bad gai, play bazaar
Play bazaar
satta king
Post a Comment